On September 15, 1970 Bruce G. Barton of Thunderline Corp. applied to patent a “modular mechanical sealing unit” he’d invented. On March 14, 1972 Patent # US3649034A was issues ~ and Link-Seal® Modular Mechanical Seals were born ~ forever revolutionizing the method of providing fast, highly effective water-tight seals for sealing all types of pipes into penetrations. But Link-Seal® continues to evolve to this day ~ recently releasing its forth evolution, now boasts 16 different sizes and offerings that include NSF-61 certified, Factory Mutual® Rated for fire and high temp, as well as innovative types to handle fragile pipe, oil or fuel exposure ~ and far more!
But seeing another opportunity, Inventor Barton patented the HDPE corrosion-proof Century-Line® wall sleeve on December 2nd, 1986 ~ allowing builders to easily create a penetration through any thickness of a poured wall far cheaper and higher performing than a steel wall sleeve provides.
Like a Russian Doll, Thunderline Corp was purchased by Pipeline Seal & Insulator (PSI), which was purchased by Garlock Pipeline Technologies (GPT) ~ an Enpro Industries Company
Kerr Engineering & Sales, Inc. had the honor in 1983 of being the first stocking distributor for all of Central & Southern California, as well as Southern Nevada – and we continue to cover that same territory today! As the breadth of products offered by GPT increased, we continue to be your “one-stop” source of information, assistance and inventory.
Garlock Pipeline Technologies (GPT) is the leading piping innovator in the Water, Waste Water and Energy Fields ~ Sealing, Connecting and Protecting The World’s Most Important Pipelines…Yours!
- Link-Seal® – Is “The Original” product that created the category “Modular-Mechanical Seal,” Link-Seal® was originally created by Thunderline Corporation, which was later acquired by PSI (Pipeline Seal and Isolator) and now merged with Garlock to become GPT – an EnPro Industries Company. This same product is sometimes referenced as PSI-Thunderline Link-Seal® and Thunderline Link-Seal®. Even after its patent expired, Link-Seal® continues to innovate and advance the science of sealing penetrations. Not only is it offered in its 4th generation of refinement, but leads the industry in offering the widest variety of types and sizes. Link-Seal® Modular Mechanical Seals are Made in the USA with 100% domestic content and AIS Certified.
- Link-Seal® Submittals ~ Which Type and Size? There are ten (10) different types of Link-Seals® offered, each tailored to a specific type of performance or exposure. Within each of those types there are currently sixteen (16) different sizes to seal everything from a 3/8” ground rod to a 200’+ O.D. pipe
- Installation Instruction – The Number One cause for a leak is not following the simple installation instructions! Click here for an illustrated instruction one sheet in English, or click here to watch a short video instruction.
- Link-Seal® Sizing Guide – Looking for a core size? Sleeve size? Here’s an easy way to determine for yourself exactly what you need for all standard type of piping. You can either print the sizing guide, or or feel free to call us for expert assistance at Kerr Engineering & Sales, Inc. 949-388-3100.
- CAD Drawings
- Link-Seal® 2017 Engineering Guide
- Century Line Sleeves ®
- Cell-Cast® Disks
- Ranger II